Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 7, 2012

Decking Our Halls {2012}

I love putting out my Christmas decorations! It really makes it feel like the holidays are here!
I didn't go too crazy this year, pregnancy and a 2 year old consume my life now, so decorating is more of a luxury than a necessity ;)
But here's some of what I got up this year!






  This is what I'm most proud of this year. I saw something similar on pinterest, but it was selling on etsy for like $40! But in my mind of course, I think "I can make that!" So, I did! It's not perfect, but I like it! I had to take it down to get a decent picture of it, but normally its on the wall.
I used the 'vaseline' technique to get the chippy paint look!

5 comments:

jacie @ http://jacieland.blogspot.com/ said...

i lolololove this. your decorating style is very similar to mine!!! :) love the 'not in the presents, but in HIS presence'... :)

Anonymous said...

I love all of your decorations! I wanted to decorate a little more than I was actually able to. Expenses got in the way! =] I think my neighbor has that "Merry Christmas" sign that is on your tree. I think she told me she got it from Hobby Lobby. I really like the sign you made at the end too! I don't mind at all when things I make don't come out completely perfect - that's how I know I made it. =]

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Everything looks lovely! I think I'm loving that Merry Christmas sign on the tree. What a great statement. And the sign is FABULOUS. I've never used the vaseline technique, but I think I need to try. It's a great look.

Thanks for linking up to Dare to DIY! Really appreciate it. It'd be great if you could link back to one of the four hosts.

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Awesome Christmas decor! I love the sign you made, and also the Noel blocks. And your stockings are so cute, too. Such a cozy, festive look. Great work, it looks so Christmasy and lovely.

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Love the sign. I'm addicted to sign painting. I need to try out this vaseline technique!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...