Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

Lately, for every meal I've had family favorites on my mind! This pregnancy is making me nostalgic ;)
This is a meal that I remember having often at home, it was how my family actually did enchiladas! No stuffing and rolling for us! My mom stacked ours! So, I had never really heard it called Mexican Lasagna until I joined the blog world! But it really is the best description! This is a great family style dish, and you can make a TON depending on how high you stack it!  
This amount of ingredients feeds 4-5 people
Corn tortillas-start with 10, but you may need more
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can corn
1 can black or kidney beans
2 cups ground beef- precooked and seasoned with taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese
In a bowl, mix your ground beef, beans, corn and 1 cup of the cheese.
In the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish, spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and layer tortillas until mostly covered. Spread about 1 cup of meat/bean mixture, and the repeat... enchilada sauce, meat/beans, tortillas. Once you have as many layers as you want, or have enough food for, (I usually do 3) top with any remaining enchilada sauce, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Remove and top with cheese, return to oven and continue to bake until cheese is melted.
Top with sour cream.


4 comments:

Becky said...

I love this recipe! We have something similar in my family that is passed down from my Dad's side - only we call it tamale pie. But it is definitely a nostalgic fave! :)

kshonk said...

Have you ever tried freezing this? It looks like a great sympathy meal to share with a family in mourning or nursing sickies.

Aimee @ Like Mother Like Daughter said...

Saw your recipe on Chef in Training Talent Tuesday. This looks amazing. I love good mexican food from home and this looks like one i'll definitely have to make. Thanks for sharing. yum yum!

lmld.org

Ang said...

What size of can of enchilada sauce do you use? Looks and sounds delicious! Thanks!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...