Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Raspberry Coconut Jello Cake


My sister in law introduced me to this cake when we were over there for Sunday dinner, and I fell in love! It is the perfect summertime dessert! She told me that it had been around for awhile, but I guess I missed the jello-cake-bandwagon! This cake can actually be made in any flavor combination, I made this one for my mom's birthday. You could do Lemon-Lime, Orange-Vanilla, Pineapple-Coconut... the options are really endless!

Raspberry Coconut Jello Cake
1 white cake mix (plus whatever it takes to make it)
1 tsp coconut extract
1 package raspberry jello
1 large container of cool whip
1 package coconut pudding mix

Prepare your cake mix according to package directions WITH the addition of the Coconut extract.
Bake cake and allow to cool completely.
Mix the jello with 2 cups of hot water (instead of 1 cup hot/1 cup cold like the box says) While the jello is still liquid, use a straw/skewer to poke holes all over the cake. And I mean ALL over. This would be a good kid job... or an angry momma. Pour the jello over the cake, concentrating on the holes. Refrigerate overnight or at least 4-5 hours.
A few hours before you plan to serve, mix together the cool whip and pudding mix. Frost the cold cake with that mixture. Refrigerate another 2-3 hours.
Slice and ENJOY!

1 comment:

TheBereangirl said...

Ooooooo, I LOVE this cake, it's like that Hostess snack cake gem - the raspberry zinger!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...